RE: ido mode and mini-buffer

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: ido mode and mini-buffer
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 20:38:22 -0700

> I've noticed in some screen casts and on my co-worker's near identical
> setup that when ido mode gives suggestions in the mini-buffer, if the
> results occupy more horizontal space that available, the results will
> warp multiple lines, allowing you to see all the suggestions. For
> whatever reason, regardless of the length of the suggestions provided
> by ido, my mini buffer stays at one row of text. Is there a variable
> that controls this? I'd like to have the mini-buffer grow accordingly.

See options `resize-mini-windows' and `max-mini-window-height'.

(Thread "Rename `mini-' options" discusses the poor choice of names:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2009-05/msg00319.html)

(If you use a standalone minibuffer frame, then see options
`1on1-fit-minibuffer-frame-flag' and `1on1-fit-minibuffer-frame-max-height',
here:
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/oneonone.el.)