How to get skills in elisp ?

From: Francis Moreau
Subject: How to get skills in elisp ?
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 00:30:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I finally took time to start learning elisp hence nobody can call me
an dumb emacs user ;)

I started by reading the info files containing the Gnu Emacs Lisp
Reference Manual although I haven't read it entirely.

But now I got the main picture of the language but I would need some
practice since the reference manual lack of examples before I feel
confortable enough to start writing my own elisp scripts.

Could anybody give me some direction at that point ?

Also I would like to know how people debug their scripts ? Are there
any tricks ? For now I just write some forms and evaluate them with 'C-
j'.

Thanks