Tabs and Spaces

From: Chris Gordon-Smith
Subject: Tabs and Spaces
Date: 25 May 2009 10:48:18 GMT

Hello All

I have recenly started using emacs for programming, after years using
KDevelop. One problem I have is indenting code. I have my own indentation
style. and ideally I would like to setup emacs to support it automatically.
However, in the short term I'll settle for having emacs convert a TAB
keypress into the correct number of spaces to fill whitespace up to the
next tabstop.

At the moment I have

(global-set-key (kbd "TAB") 'self-insert-command)

in my .emacs to force insertion of a tab, but I have to keep invoking
untabify manually (otherwise my code looks misaligned when I upload it to
Google Code).

Can anyone help.

Chris Gordon-Smith
www.simsoup.info