Re: emacs slowly displaying files

From: Colin S. Miller
Subject: Re: emacs slowly displaying files
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 19:56:24 +0100

mzp wrote:
Hello,
On Mac os x 10.5.7 with emacs 22.1.1
when I open a file with e.g. emacs -nw .cshrc it does not display the file
but comes with message "Welcome to Gnu Emacs ..." etc message. The file only
shows when I do C-l or without prompting after a minute or so. It's not a
big deal but a bit annoying.
What to do to have it show the file without extra prompts from the buffer?
Thanks,
Mark

Does
emacs -no-init-file
help?

If so then there is something in your .emacs that is slowing emacs down.

--
Replace the obvious in my email address with the first three letters of the
hostname to reply.