Re: setup spell checking in windows emacs with emacsW32

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: setup spell checking in windows emacs with emacsW32
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 00:11:16 -0700 (PDT)

On May 31, 12:16 pm, "B. T. Raven" <ni...@nihilo.net> wrote:

> Lennart's Emacs is patched native w32 build I think. You might need
> aspell from here:
>
> http://www.winkde.org/pub/kde/ports/win32/repository/aspell/
>
> I don't know whether you also need w32 kde or not or even what that
> might mean.

You don't need KDE to use aspell. If you want to be sure that there
are no KDE dependencies, you can also download aspell from
http://aspell.net/win32/

> but most of the paths in this file refer to glunix directory structure

If aspell.exe is in your PATH, Emacs will find it. But on Windows, it
is conventional for installers to not put executables in the PATH, or
even to set PATH to include the directory they install to.
Unfortunately many installers for ports of GNU tools also follow this
convention, even though GNU tools are designed to collaborate
together, rather than be used as a monolithic application, so it may
be necessary to customize ispell-program to the full path of
aspell.exe.