In emacs, gdb says "cannot open shared object file"

From: Mihai Vasilian
Subject: In emacs, gdb says "cannot open shared object file"
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 18:18:55 +0200

Hi all,
I ran into a problem recently with emacs and gdb, and right now I am looking for some help, posting here.
I compiled one program and one shared library in their coresponding $MYPATH/prg/src and $MYPATH/misc/src folders.
I set in ~/.bashrc the variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to $MYPATH/misc/src folder where libmisc.so is saved.
I open console and run:  gdb prg    and everything goes fine.
I started to work with emacs recently and I go with: M-x gdb , gdb prg  , and then break main, and run.
I get the following error message:
Starting program: /mnt/sda5/Programming/prg/src/prg
/mnt/sda5/Programming/prg/src/prg: error while loading shared libraries: libmisc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
If this (my fist post) on list is not the appropiate thing to find a solution to my problem, please advice.
vmihai.