gdb crash under emacs in fedora11

From: David L
Subject: gdb crash under emacs in fedora11
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 07:53:43 -0700

When I run gdb under emacs and attach to a gdbserver session,
I get an error like this:

A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
further debugging may prove unreliable.
Quit this debugging session? (y or n) y
../../gdb/findvar.c:300: internal-error: value_of_register_lazy:
Assertion `frame_id_p (get_frame_id (frame))' failed.
A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
further debugging may prove unreliable.
Create a core file of GDB? (y or n) y

It seems to only happen when I run under emacs and use gdbserver,
so I don't know if it's a gdb problem or an emacs problem.  But
installing emacs from cvs instead of using the version that
comes with fedora11 fixes the problem.  Any thoughts on whether this
is an emacs bug, a gdb bug, a gdbserver bug or what?  It's odd
that I only get the error when using all three.

Cheers,

                David