Re: remote editing of unix files over ssh with emacs 22.3.1 from Windows

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: remote editing of unix files over ssh with emacs 22.3.1 from Windows
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 14:51:09 +0200

Am 08.06.2009 um 14:06 schrieb Chris Withers:

Is there anything I can do to make the remote files open in unix-mode?

You could set the environment variable LC_CTYPE. GNU Emacs then uses it to set some coding-system variables. In its absence you can use (manually) the function prefer-coding-system or set-default-coding- systems. Besides this a few alists exist for file types etc. Just check the documentation!

--
Greetings

  Pete

I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.
                                – Hunter S. Thompson