Re: Flymake and tramp

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Flymake and tramp
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 16:51:19 +0200

Jonathan Groll <lists@groll.co.za> writes:

>>In `flymake-start-syntax-check-process' of flymake.el, `start-process'
>>is called. This does not work on remote hosts. Instead of,
>>`start-file-process' shall be used.
>
> It works! Do I need to open a bug report to have this permanently
> fixed, or do you perhaps have commit rights to fix this one?

I have commit rights. However, I'm not so familar with flymake.el; it
might be better if somebody else reviews the proposed change.

Furthermore, GNU Emacs 23 is frozen while in pretest phase. So it might
be, that the patch must be postponed until after the release of 23.1.

For these reasons I prefer, if you could write a bug report.

> Many thanks,
> Jonathan

Best regards, Michael.