Re: emacs opens after long time

From: tomer
Subject: Re: emacs opens after long time
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 06:32:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 10, 3:34 pm, p...@informatimago.com (Pascal J. Bourguignon)
wrote:
> tomer <tomer1le...@walla.co.il> writes:
> > i have just installed ubunto and emacs.
> > it takes about 30 seconds to load emacs.
> > and also the changing the font takes long time about 10 seconds.
>
> > Could you give me some advise what to do ?
>
> Either:
>
> - Take a deep breath.
>
> - Go fetch a cup of coffee.
>
> - Think about what you're going to do.
>
> - DO NOT load emacs more than once a year.
>
> - Buy a faster computer (on this 2.4 GHz QuadCore Intel, it takes less
>   than two seconds to boot emacs, and less than 10 seconds with my big
>   ~/.emacs).  But granted, with my ~/.emacs it feels likes it takes
>   five minutes to boot.  See previous point.
>
> --
> __Pascal Bourguignon__

Thanks for the practical advises
I think there I miss something.
on  the same computer , the same .emacs but windows os, emacs loading
take 2 seconds ( instead of 30)
other operations takes  less than a second ( instead of 10 second in
my ubunto - font changing).
any other idea than breath & coffee (i dont drink coffee but sure i
need the breath).
Thanks
Tomer