Re: catching parenthesis errors in elisp

From: rustom
Subject: Re: catching parenthesis errors in elisp
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 05:25:33 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 12, 5:06 pm, rustom <rustompm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ive *not* written this lisp.
> All did (or tried to do) was take some existing lisp and change it a
> bit here and there -- mostly nothing more than changing some strings.

I should mention that now that error has gone -- in the sense that I'm
not getting scan errors and mismatch paren errors.

But the way it is behaving (or unbehaving) I conclude that large
sections of it have 'disappeared' into a string most likely.

I should also mention here what I did to 'get rid' of the error.
The function giving the paren error I moved into a new file
There I found that the culprit seemed to be a large let* -- moved it
to a second file
Voila! No check-paren errors (no changes on my part other than the C-M-
k and C-y  done to move sexps around)

Moved file 2 back into file 1 where it was pulled out; then file1 back
into the original.
No check-paren errors ; no load errors.

I find this weird