alternate image text in muse-mode?

From: Matt Price
Subject: alternate image text in muse-mode?
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 10:15:30 -0400

On Thu, 2009-06-11 at 23:18 -0400, Matt Price wrote:

> i'm using blog.el to post to my wordpress blog.  I love it, except
> when
> I want to add a picture to my post.  Usually it'll be a picture I've
> just taken, so my tedious process is:
> - copy the file onto my laptop (usually do this in nautilus, as i need
> to look at the files.  can i do this with dired instead?)
> - transfer the file to my server
>   ("rsync -azvbp ~/file.jpeg myserver:/var/www/domain.com/images/")
> - type in the unfortunately longish link name in muse markup
>   ("[[http://www.domain.com/images/file.jpeg]]";, and that doesn't even
>    provide alternate text for the image)
>
> I would like, instead, to have a function in emacs that takes care of
> most of this,

sorry, asked for help too soon.  this works:
(defun syncmyfile (filename)
  (interactive "FFile to sync: ")
  (expand-file-name filename )
  (shell-command (concat "rsync -azvbP " filename "
server:/var/www/path/images/"))
  (insert (concat "[[http://server/images/"; (file-name-nondirectory filename)
"]] ") ))

only-barely-related question:  does anyone know whether I can add an
alternate text to an image link in muse mode?  trying to comply to
accessibility standards.

thanks,
matt

--