Re: Arrow Keys?

From: notbob
Subject: Re: Arrow Keys?
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 09:45:17 -0600

Jeff Clough <jeff@chaosphere.com> writes:

> your keyboard for a reason.  If you do chording with the opposite hand
> (right Control for f/b and left Control for n/p) than the "ergonomic"
> problem goes away.

I guess that's one way to look at it, not overworking either hand.
OTOH (heh...), sometimes it's just handier (damn, can't escape it!) to
be able to use one hand for cursor direction.  That's when I move to
the arrow keys, typically when I'm about the highlight/copy/paste with
the mouse.

BTW, I know about yank, but that cuts text.  Is there a similar
function for just copying text without cutting it?

nb