Re: style and mode on Window XP

From: sam jesse
Subject: Re: style and mode on Window XP
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 07:04:27 +1000

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 12:17 AM, Nurullah Akkaya <nurullah@nakkaya.com> wrote:

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 3:09 PM, B. T. Raven <nihil@nihilo.net> wrote:
sam jesse wrote:
Hi guys

I downloaded and installed GNU emacs 22.3.1 i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600 on windows
XP pro.

Since I used it before “6 years ago” on a Linux box and absolutely loved it,
I want to use it again.

I need a refresher on how to get a php-mode up and running and where to get
a nice dark “black” background schema style “already set up for the rest of
the colors” on this XP box.

thx

Instructions are here:

http://php-mode.sourceforge.net/php-mode.pdf

for display colors see Emacs manual ( C-h r) Emacs Invocation C.8 Colors

Also check out,

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/ColorTheme

will it work on Windows XP? I could not find any installation for Windows in its Docs.