Re: enter key behaviour

From: prad
Subject: Re: enter key behaviour
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 12:05:13 -0700

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 17:36:48 +1000
Bernardo <bernardo.bacic@pobox.com> wrote:

> it may be better to put
> customisations into your init (.emacs) file

ah this is excellent bernardo!
it's what i originally wanted to do but wasn't sure how to.
your code worked perfectly:
(add-hook 'python-mode-hook
   (lambda ()
     (define-key py-mode-map "\C-m" 'newline)))

i was trying the define-key ... portion in my .emacs file and of course
it kept being overwritten by python-mode.

so i need to learn elisp properly and have found a good source for it.
thank you.

--
In friendship,
prad

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's