Re: How to make emacs fontify a php buffer

From: Colin S. Miller
Subject: Re: How to make emacs fontify a php buffer
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 19:17:24 +0100

Harry Putnam wrote:
I want emacs to fontify a certain file... I think it is *.php but not
really sure.

Just adding .php to it does not seem to cause emacs to fontify that file.  Of
coure I have syntax hilighting turned on.

I've posted the file here:

   www.jtan.com/~reader/script.txt

Anyone recognize what kind of code it is?
Can anyone tell how to make emacs fontify that file?

Harry,
assuming that
M-x php-mode
works on the file, then
add to your .emacs

(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.php\\'" . php-mode) 't)

will make all files ending in .php open in php-mode.

HTH,
Colin S. Miller

--
Replace the obvious in my email address with the first three letters of the
hostname to reply.