Re: Stack of bookmarks

From: Stefan Kamphausen
Subject: Re: Stack of bookmarks
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 15:14:23 +0200

Hi,

"stephan.zimmer" <stephan.zimmer@googlemail.com> writes:

> Many thanks for your answers. I installed the mtorus, and it exactly
> suits my needs. Definitively very nice!

:-)

> One question I still have in mind, though: what is the difference
> between bookmarks and markers? Both encapsulate a buffer and a buffer
> position, right?

I never use bookmarks, but from what I read they have names and are
persisted automatically.  A feature I wanted to implement in mtorus
years ago and got to.  Markers are actually not stored positions, they
shift along when text inserted somewhere earlier in the buffer.  Don't
know what bookmarks will do if you change the buffer.

Cheers,
Stefan
--
Stefan Kamphausen --- http://www.skamphausen.de
a blessed +42 regexp of confusion (weapon in hand)