Very Specific Key Press Behaviour

From: Nordlöw
Subject: Very Specific Key Press Behaviour
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 13:33:48 -0700 (PDT)

How can I bind an action to a key when it is pressed the n:th time,
possibly with different behaviour the 3:rd time compared to the 2:nd
and 1:st time. Can I combine it with define-prefix-command?

This is what I have now:
- TAB: Show Completion Menu - currently through define-prefix-command
()
- TAB + X: Perform Completion of type X

The second time I press X I want it to perform the same completion
again (if we iterate hippie-expand completions) somewhat like the
behaviour of C-x e e... .

Thanks in advance,
Nordlöw