Re: Emacs for Mac OS X - questions

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: Emacs for Mac OS X - questions
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 22:29:09 -0400

In article <mailman.1258.1245957740.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>,
 Tim Visher <tim.visher@gmail.com> wrote:

> >  - can I suppress all popup dialogs?
>
> I'm not sure which popup dialogs you're referring to here.  However, I
> can assure you that I've never seen a pop-up dialog while working with
> Emacs on OS X.

I use Carbon Emacs.  The only time I see a pop-up is when I quit Emacs
when it's not the foreground application (e.g. I logout or shut down,
which automatically quits all applications), and there are unsaved
buffers that it wants to ask me what to do about.  Normally it would
prompt in the minibuffer, but if Emacs isn't in the foreground it uses
OS X's standard alert mechanism to pop up a dialogue with all the
possibilities.

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA