Re: Emacs for Mac OS X - questions

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Emacs for Mac OS X - questions
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 22:46:00 -0600

Andrea Crotti wrote:
On 25 Giu, 20:27, Marc Tfardy <b...@cyk.cyk> wrote:
I plan to switch from windows to intel mac and Aquamacs and I don't want
use windows under mac - neither in virtual machine nor as dual boot.
Emacs is one of my main application so it is very important for me that
all things are working as usual. Here my questions:

   - can I switch off menubar, toolbar and scrollbar?

(setq menu-bar-mode nil)
(setq scroll-bar-mode nil)
(setq tool-bar-mode nil)

But maybe it's not the right away, it doesn't always work (the
variables are those ones)

It is not the right way, as each of those variable's doc strings
explains.

(menu-bar-mode 0)
(scroll-bar-mode 0)
(tool-bar-mode 0)