Re: Emacs for Mac OS X - questions

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: Emacs for Mac OS X - questions
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 22:26:43 -0400

In article <h22uhe$qhq$1@news.onet.pl>, Marc Tfardy <bum@cyk.cyk>
wrote:

>    "Aquamacs Emacs can organize the files that you're editing in tabs.
>    This preserves screen space but allows you to keep track of all those
>    open files easily. You've probably seen the tabs in Safari, Firefox or
>    the OS X Terminal program."
>
> See also http://aquamacs.org/images/aquamacs-screenshot.png too.
> Aquamacs tabs are similar to firefox tabs.

Does it really create a tab for every buffer?  I frequently have dozens
of buffers (I use p4.el, and it has a tendency to create lots of "*P4
Output*<##>" buffers), where would it fit all those tabs?  Or do you
have to tell it when to put a buffer in a tab?  That wouldn't be too bad.

I generally hate tabbed applications; luckily, most of them have
preference options to disable this, and I assume Aquamacs does as well.

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA