Re: Partition for Emacs Lisp

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: Partition for Emacs Lisp
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 10:56:06 +0200

Vassil Nikolov wrote:
>> On Jun 28, 6:26 am, Marc Tfardy <b...@cyk.cyk> wrote:

>>> (partition '(a b c d e f) 2)
>>>
>>> should return:
>>> ((a b) (c d) (e f))
>>>
>>> Is there something ready out from the box?
>>>

>   (Define "out from the box"...)
>
>     (when (and (fboundp 'featurep) (featurep 'emacs))  ;seen in comp.lang.lisp
>       (require 'cl))
>
>     (defun partition (l n)  ;"demo" grade, cursorily tested
>       "Return a list of L's consecutive sublists of length N."
>       (assert (zerop (mod (length l) n)))
>       (loop for l on l by #'(lambda (l) (nthcdr n l)) collect (subseq l 0 n)))
>
>     (partition '(a b c d e f) 2)
>     => ((a b) (c d) (e f))
>
>   ---Vassil.

Hi,

I'm wondering for some time how to preserve all this
interesting snippets of code conveniently.

Thanks all participants BTW.

Digging the mail archive user by user seems not the
best method, so I tried to extract some matter.

Please have a look at

http://repo.or.cz/w/elbb.git?a=blob;f=code/help-gnu-emacs.el

Emacs Lisp Bill Board still isn't in the shape
qualifying for Βeta, principle should be visible
nonetheless.

Comments welcome.

Thanks again

Andreas Röhler