USB-Plug-In an .mp3-player; "My Computer" sees it; Make DIRED see it?

From: David Combs
Subject: USB-Plug-In an .mp3-player; "My Computer" sees it; Make DIRED see it?
Date: 29 Jun 2009 16:34:35 -0400

WOULDN'T IT BE NICE:  if DIRED could see "outside of disk C:" to a USB-DEVICE!

Man, you could then do away with having to learn ANY M$ software!  WHOPEE!

Then you could download .mp3-files, and then, via dired, upload
them directly into the mp3-player!

(Oh, you'd also want to be able to clear out
the "title" property of an .mp3-file -- so that if
you rename the mp3-FILE, the mp3-player will use THAT
NEW NAME as its name WITHIN the player.

But, as I discovered the hard way, if there is
something in there, eg a copy of the ORIGINAL filename,
then the player will use THAT name instead, making
your renaming of the FILE-name have no effect (within
the mp3-player).

Thanks,

David