Problems starting emacs with correct environmental settings

From: Alain Muls
Subject: Problems starting emacs with correct environmental settings
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 21:22:35 +0200

Hi emacs users,

On my ubuntu system I have in the top bar the icon (dragged from the menu entry in Accessories) to launch emacs. By doing so, I have no access to my PATH variable, eg. a compile (make -k) won't run.

When I launch emacs from a shell, than there is no problem and make or other scripts are available. What should I do to have the icon launch emacs with my PATH set.

Tx/Alain

Alain Muls                                  alain.muls@septentrio.com
                                                       +32.477.675091