Re: I find a mistake in "introduction to emacs lisp" in emacs 23

From: tyler
Subject: Re: I find a mistake in "introduction to emacs lisp" in emacs 23
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 10:45:41 -0300

bolega <gnuist006@gmail.com> writes:

> On Jul 1, 6:33 pm, waterloo <waterloo2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> In "kill-new function" of 8.3.1.
>>
>> The critical lines are these:......
>>
>>   (setq kill-ring (cons string kill-ring)) is needless .
>>
>> thanks
>
> Can anyone else confirm this ? and explain if it is a minor issue or a
> major one ?

The actual node is:

(info "(eintr)kill-new function")

And it does look like the line above is incorrect. It does not appear in
the code for the kill-new function in simple.el, and from the
explanation in the info node, it sounds as if it serves the same purpose
as the preceding line:

    (push string kill-ring)

I guess the (push ...) function should have replaced the (setq ...)
function, but the (setq ...) never got deleted.

Cheers,

Tyler
--
Tired of spyware? Try Firefox: