How to set font for emacs

From: n179911
Subject: How to set font for emacs
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 15:04:46 -0700

Hi,

I have added the following in my .emacs

(custom-set-faces
  ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom.
 '(autoface-default ((t (:inherit default :strike-through nil :underline nil :sl
ant normal :weight normal :height 130 :width normal :family "inconsolata"))))

)

But when I start emacs (open in my xterm, not a separate window), it
does not load the new font I specified.

Can you please tell me how to fix my problem?

Thank you.