customize + cygwin-mount.el

From: Will Parsons
Subject: customize + cygwin-mount.el
Date: 10 Jul 2009 21:46:46 GMT

I've been using cygwin-mount.el to make NTemacs Cygwin-aware for years now,
but now have a problem.  I previously had the Cygwin bin directory in my
Windows Path environment variable, but now need to remove it since I have
two different versions of Cygwin installed.  This causes my Emacs
initialization to fail when it tries to load cygwin-mount because it can't
find the Cygwin "mount" command.  The "right" way to fix this appears to be
to use the customization feature to let Emacs know where to find Cygwin,
but although I can readily find the cygwin-mount customization group, I
can't save any changes to it - Emacs says it can't save customizations
because "init file was not completely loaded".  How do I get around this?

--
Will