RE: bind a hotkey to toggle variable

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: bind a hotkey to toggle variable
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 08:02:41 -0700

> > Easier than what?
>
> It's easier to choose an Emacs running remotely on some host with
> dozens of buffers inside than choosing one frame out of N times
> dozens of them outside (possibly with colliding names).

I see. As I said, nothing prevents one from choosing among buffers instead of
among frames. That's what I do. How a buffer is then displayed (one-window frame
or split window) is a separate question, logically, from how you choose it. (Of
course, you _can_ choose from a set of frames or windows instead of a set of
buffers, but you need not.)

> My local computer is a hub. The number of spokes (frames, X clients)
> therefore is restricted.

I see. That's not so common. Anyway, my remarks were not in the context of such
a restriction. Most Emacs users, I suspect, have no special limitations on how
many frames they display, yet they often never use more than one or two.