Re: for loading own lisp functions, if some in separated files, automati

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: for loading own lisp functions, if some in separated files, automatically
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 02:10:12 +0200

Am 15.07.2009 um 01:05 schrieb Colin S. Miller:

You mean something like this?
(loop for lib in (directory-files "~/my-emacs-packages/" 't "elc?$" 't) do (load-library lib))

No (and also no to the updated version).

Add "~/my-emacs-packages" (or ~/.emacs.d etc., see documentation) to GNU Emacs' load-path. If your Elisp files have a provide statement you can require them (i.e., they get loaded when something they provide gets used). Otherwise load-library has to be used.

And of course I thought you would put a series of load statements into your init file to be able to comment or uncomment statements, i.e., to have control of what "gets used." Anyway, if the ELC files are tested and final versions, you can "load" them in a loop…

--
Greetings

  Pete

Perl—the only language that looks the same before and after RSA encryption.
                                - Keith Bostic