Re: Multi-Parent Nodes in org-mode

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Multi-Parent Nodes in org-mode
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 00:46:33 +0200

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 12:36 AM, Bastien<bastienguerry@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> What are "ids" in this context?
>
> Unique identifiers for subtrees.
>
>> Can you please give me a reference to the Org manual?
>
> It is documented in org-id.el, which comes with latest Emacs or org.

Thanks, I think I see what you mean. Not sure if ids are better than
headlines though. That depends quite a bit on how ids are displayed in
links.

Are the headline text displayed in the links? How do you create them.

As a sidenote I notice that it is actually quite hard to add a
hyperlink to a headline. If you from the menus choose "add hyperlink"
you get into another track. Should not making links to headlines and
ids be there too?