Emacs (+EmacsWin32) with chess.el help (board images display)

From: rpd
Subject: Emacs (+EmacsWin32) with chess.el help (board images display)
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 11:40:37 -0700 (PDT)

Hi
I am using chess.el but cannot get the chessboard to display any .bmps (or
pixmaps) so the board remains the (default?) text board only (I can load any
engine). I have both the pieces zip & directory from chess.el @ sourceforge
in my home folder (& also a winboard folder with images in).

When I M-x chess I get these messages:
Adding c:/Users/Dad/Emacs/EmacsW32/lisp/ to load-path
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Could not find any suitable or properly sized chess images
Starting chess program 'gnuchess'...done
There is a chess autosave file, read it? (y or n)

Can anyone help me please load suitable chess images?
I look forward to helpful replies, many thanks