Re: Multi-Parent Node -2

From: skyspace
Subject: Re: Multi-Parent Node -2
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 13:34:53 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 20, 12:01 pm, Lennart Borgman <lennart.borg...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 5:01 PM, aartist<aart...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Before sometime, I asked if it is possible to have multi-parent node
> > in org-mode.
> > The answer was 'NO' because it is a hierarchical  structure.
>
> The answer was rather that org-mode nodes only can have one org-mode parent.
>
> > I assume
> > that with 'link' mechanism, it might be possible.
>
> Yes, of course.
>
> > I like to know, if it is possible to have multi-parent nodes at all in
> > emacs, not restricting to org-mode.
>
> You mean if someone already have written something for this special
> type of graph? (It is kind of bidirectional trees, don't know what it
> is commonly called.)
>
> EmacsWiki is your friend then:http://www.emacswiki.org/
>
> I went there and searched for "graph". Not very much, but maybe COGRE
> and graphviz contains something useful for you. Not sure.

Actually I wanted to mimic the structure of the 'TheBrain' program.
(http://www.thebrain.com) .  My idea was to arrange the information
linking in better way. The 'tag' mechanism of org-mode provides this
in a way, but a visual linking  can  become more useful.

For example, tagging a node, would bring all nodes with that tag
together and display in other-window.