emacsclient stuck "Waiting for Emacs..."

From: Joseph Garvin
Subject: emacsclient stuck "Waiting for Emacs..."
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 09:35:42 -0500

I'm running emacs 22.0.96.1. I've put (server-start) in my rc file, and when I run emacsclient on a file it opens it my existing emacs just as it should. But emacsclient never detects that emacs has opened the file and just sits there "Waiting for Emacs..." after that. If in emacs I restart the server M-x server-start, then emacsclient stops waiting (because it finally realizes it finished or because it detects a disconnect, I don't know). I've looked in my /tmp and verified there's an entry for the emacs server there. In case it's relevant, I'm running on Solaris 10.

Any ideas how to fix emacsclient?

thanks