Re: Multi-Parent Node -2

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Multi-Parent Node -2
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 08:10:20 +0200

skyspace <aartist@gmail.com> writes:

> Actually I wanted to mimic the structure of the 'TheBrain' program.
> (http://www.thebrain.com) .  My idea was to arrange the information
> linking in better way. The 'tag' mechanism of org-mode provides this
> in a way, but a visual linking  can  become more useful.

You can already use Org with freemind, check the contrib/ directory of
org-mode.  You will just have a tree-like graph but this is a good way
to think of what we need for a more "rhizomic" graph.

> For example, tagging a node, would bring all nodes with that tag
> together and display in other-window.

Well, Org allows you to do that...  with the agenda view.

The agenda view is not as sparkling as an interactive mindmap but still,
it lets you navigate through things easily :)

For further discussion on how to make Org more friendly to mindmapping
software, please bring this discussion to the orgmode mailing list.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien