Re: M-x gdb doesn't work anymore with Emacs 23.1.50.1

From: Francis Moreau
Subject: Re: M-x gdb doesn't work anymore with Emacs 23.1.50.1
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 02:58:42 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 29, 11:17 am, Dmitry Dzhus <d...@sphinx.net.ru> wrote:
> Francis Moreau wrote:
> > But it still doesn't work: now when starting gdb and putting a
> > breakpoint in a specific function like this:
>
> > (gdb) b animation_stop
> > Breakpoint 1 at 0x2985dcfe: file core.c, line 518.
> > (gdb) list :1
> > No source file named .
>
> I've installed the patch which fixes that.

hmm, sorry but I don't understand, what do you mean by this:

Have your patch already hit emacs CVS repo ? or is the patch currently
only in the hg repo and in that case could you give me the revision of
the commit which fixes it ?

> This code is under development, seehttp://emacswiki.org/emacs/GDB-MI/.
>
> > One other thing I noticed, is that I have an alias on my gdb command:
>
> > alias gdb='gdb -x ~/.mygdbinit'
>
> I don't think that Emacs considers your aliases when running external
> programs. Customize `gud-gdb-command-name` if you wish.

Well, that sad. It's typically where emacs should consider any
aliases...

BTW, I also noticed that emacs already does the wrong thing with 'M-x
dirs' in shell mode. In that case it considers alias where it
shouldn't since this command relies on the output of dirs(1) without
any options.

thanks