Re: find-file "before" hook.

From: Peter Milliken
Subject: Re: find-file "before" hook.
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 07:48:33 +1000

Well, I am curious about what you might want to do before a file is opened. Just off the top of my head, I can't think of anything you might want to do before it is opened that you can't do equally as well after it is open :-)

But in answer to your later questions - have a look at ido, it must do something similar in "overloading"/hijacking the find-file command, I haven't bothered looking at how or what it does, but I do use the mode occasionally. It definitely hijacks find-file and adds its own functionality.

Best of luck
Peter