Re: Flyspell error

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Flyspell error
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 13:01:08 +0300

> Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 18:53:01 +1000
> From: sam jesse <revrvr@gmail.com>
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>
> do I need to install both?

No.  aspell comes with a shell script called `ispell' to emulate Ispell.

> I already installed aspell and the trace I am getting is:
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "Searching for program" "no such
> file or directory" "ispell")
>   call-process("ispell" nil t nil "-vv")

Maybe the shell script is not compatible with Windows.  Do you have an
ispell.bat or ispell.cmd batch file as well?  If not, perhaps create a
batch file that does what the `ispell' shell script does, and you
should be set.

(I don't use aspell, so I cannot help you if the above doesn't resolve
the problem.)