Lost my beloved fixed width fonts

From: Skip Montanaro
Subject: Lost my beloved fixed width fonts
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 15:51:17 +0000 (UTC)

I recently gave Aquamacs 2.0 preview 1 (based on GNU Emacs 23.1) a try.  I
seem to have lots any and all fixed width fonts.  As a Python programmer
I find this especially harsh.  I've poked around the customization stuff
but haven't been able to come up with some magic to make fixed width
fonts the norm.  (In fact, I would prefer it if there was some way to
tell disable use of all variable width fonts.  I'm editing programs
most of the time, not using Emacs as a word processor.)

Any suggestions appreciated.

Skip Montanaro