Re: Emacs terribly slow

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: Emacs terribly slow
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 17:39:32 +1000

Maindoor <sanjeevfiles@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi,
>     I'm using emacs 23.0.91.1 and i load a few files using load-file
>     in my .emacs file like session, hide-mode-line, uniquify,
> color-theme
>     bs.el etc. but lately its become very very slow. Emacs it seems is
>     panting and running out of breath when i open a file or when I
> browse
>     around the file. Is there any way to optimize for speed ?
>
> Regards,
> Maindoor.

That is a pretty old version of emacs 23 dev tree. Emacs 23.1 is out
now and I'd recommend upgrading to it and see if the problem still
exists. As 23.0.91 was a dev snapshot and as it is quie a few months
old, it is likely that it is some transient problem that was fixed in
later versions.

I'm currently running 23.1.50  and there are no speed issues I've
noticed.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au