Re: How to learn elisp ?

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: How to learn elisp ?
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 13:31:04 -0400

In article <mailman.3943.1249480576.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>,
 waterloo <waterloo2005@gmail.com> wrote:

> Emacs Lisp Reference is sufficient ?
>
> I feel  Emacs Lisp Reference is harder and some sections is obscure to me .

This is a reference manual, not a tutorial, it's not intended as a
learning mechanism.

IMHO, the best way to learn any programming language is to read and
write code in the language.  So look at existing Emacs packages for
example code, and then start writing your own stuff.  You'll learn best
by doing.

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA