Re: Emacs.app and Subversion Path

From: Ian Eure
Subject: Re: Emacs.app and Subversion Path
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 09:32:56 -0700

On Aug 6, 2009, at 7:28 AM, Chad A. wrote:

Hi,
I'm using the just released Emacs 23.1. for Mac OS X.  I'm having
trouble, though, getting Emacs VC to find my subversion client.   The
problem is related to the fact that Emac.app does not inherit the PATH
environmental variable (http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsApp).   I
encountered this problem when I installed git (and used magit).   A
common solution to this problem (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/
930439/using-git-with-emacs).  The solution, though, only works for
the git binary.   Git is installed at /opt/local/bin, and so is the
svn binary.

The only way that I can get Emacs VC to recognize subversion
repositories is to start Emacs.app from the command line:  /Users/me/
Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs.  (Emacs.app definitely
inherits the path this way).

Any ideas about how I can get Emacs.app to find svn (when Emacs.app is
not launched from the command line).

1. Customize vc-svn-program.
2. Set up a ~/.MacOSX/Environment.plist file (Google it)

 - Ian