Change encoding

From: Christophe Jorssen
Subject: Change encoding
Date: 07 Aug 2009 17:50:59 GMT

Hello all,

I'd like to know if it is possible to change the encoding of a buffer.
For exemple, my buffer is encoded in ansinew and I'd like to recode it in
utf-8.

And, by the way, is it possible to "read a file with this encoding", that
is automatically convert the encoding of a file when opened (say the file
is encoded in ansinew and I'd like to have it in my buffer encoded in
utf-8).

I'm using

GNU Emacs 23.1.50.1

(emacs-snapshot), under unbuntu.

Thanks a lot and sorry for my complete ignorance of the subject.

--
Christophe