Re: Diary insert date formatting

From: rpd
Subject: Re: Diary insert date formatting
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 13:00:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Glenn Morris-5

Many thanks for your help. Your code is beyond me at the present as I am new
to Emacs but it throws an error when I use it (I have to learn more elisp! &
emacs!!):

call-interactively: Invalid function: (lambda [f1] "Insert a diary entry for
the date indicated by point.
Prefix arg will make the entry nonmarking." (interactive "P")
(make-diary-entry (calendar-date-string (calendar-cursor-to-date t) t t)
arg))
<<<<<<

Also how do I remove support for entries as you suggest? (I would like to
use this date format for every time & day I insert a new diary date).
If you have any idea how to solve this error &/or more advice I am grateful.
Many thanks & best wishes