Re: Multi-line font-lock parser

From: Teemu Likonen
Subject: Re: Multi-line font-lock parser
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 09:18:14 +0300

On 2009-08-11 07:48 (+0200), Thierry Volpiatto wrote:
> Why do you want to integrate something to fontlock?

To have it automatically updated when the buffer changes. I guess that's
what the font-lock is for. No?

> ,----
> | X ==> point
> |
> | # One line starting with #.
> |
> | the line we want to add text properties to.
> `----
>
> If you start to X (point) just running M-x test-prop will highlight
> the line you want.
>
> Is it what you want to do?

It's not all. The intend is to highlight buffer's first line which is
not empty nor start with # character. Editing the buffer should update
this automatically.

So about your example, let's say that I later remove the leading comment
character "# " from the third line. Now that changed line should
automatically highlighted and the same highlighting removed from other
lines. I assume such things can be done with font-locks?