Re: Diary insert date formatting-continued!

From: rpd
Subject: Re: Diary insert date formatting-continued!
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 09:25:47 -0700 (PDT)

rpd wrote:

> Hi Glenn Morris-5
>
> Many thanks for your help. Your code is beyond me at the present as I am
> new to Emacs but it throws an error when I use it (I have to learn more
> elisp! & emacs!!):
>

> call-interactively: Invalid function: (lambda [f1] "Insert a diary entry
> for the date indicated by point.
> Prefix arg will make the entry nonmarking." (interactive "P")
> (make-diary-entry (calendar-date-string (calendar-cursor-to-date t) t t)
> arg))
> <<<<<<
>
> Also how do I remove support for entries as you suggest? (I would like to
> use this date format for every time & day I insert a new diary date).
> If you have any idea how to solve this error &/or more advice I am
> grateful. Many thanks & best wishes

Hi
My apologies to you Glenn Morris-5, as I have just seen the above error
message related to another piece of code relating to diary mode in my .emacs
file!

However your code still only gives me the default formatting when I use
'insert diary entry' (eg (for today)
Aug 11, 2009 - I want Tue Aug 11 2009).

If you can help further I am most grateful.

(Btw I have now added the facility to play mp3 in emacs with mpg123-but need
to explore how to do repeat play track & playlists etc-mplayer & Emms still
don't seem to work together & I have the other functions to fix especially
web browsing either with conkeror or other- the wondrous joys of emacs!).
Best wishes