Buffer list location

From: Andrew Goodnough
Subject: Buffer list location
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 08:51:28 -0500

I'd like the Buffer List to always appear as a horizontal window at the bottom.  But when I have emacs maximized and show the Buffer List, it appears in a new window, split vertically on the right side.  I think emacs is trying to be smart about where I've got the most screen real estate at the moment but I wish it would always go on the bottom.  Is there a variable to set this by chance?

Andy