Re: Emms error msg:EMMS: Handshake failed: FAILED Invalid/Missing Parame

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Emms error msg:EMMS: Handshake failed: FAILED Invalid/Missing Parameter(s)
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 01:13:20 +0200

rpd <richard@dickinson350.freeserve.co.uk> writes:
> I am trying to use EMMS to play .mp3 & have had this error message appear:
>
> <<
> EMMS: Handshake failed: FAILED Invalid/Missing Parameter(s)
>>>

> Can someone tell me what it is & how to fix it please?

I don't know exactly, but

> I look forward to replies, many thanks

It's probably an error in configuring the mp3 player. EMMS doesn't
play itself, it forks another command to play the mp3.

Here is what I have in my ~/.emacs

(when (require 'emms-setup nil t)
  (require 'emms-player-simple)
  (require 'emms-source-file)
  (require 'emms-source-playlist)
  (emms-standard)
  (emms-default-players)        ; do you have this line in your ~/.emacs ?
  (defalias 'np 'emms-show))

and it works ok,  I've got mplayer in the PATH.

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__