using find-image with picture name stored in a variable

From: Dirk80
Subject: using find-image with picture name stored in a variable
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 13:28:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

when I give the name of a picture as a string to the find-image command then
it is working. But when I use a variable instead then find-image is not
finding the picture. What am I doing wrong?

;; picture test.jpg is in my home directory
(add-to-list 'image-load-path "~")

;; working
(find-image `((:type jpeg :file "./test.jpg")))

;; NOT working
(setq my-picture "./test.jpg")
(find-image `((:type jpeg :file my-picture)))

Thank you for your help.

Greetings,
Dirk