Re: python doc available in emacs info format?

From: Sean Sieger
Subject: Re: python doc available in emacs info format?
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 11:33:47 -0400

Xah Lee <xahlee@gmail.com> writes:

    I noticed that Matthias actually mentioned that info docs is available
    and bundled out of the box on Ubuntu linux for many popular langs, as
    of 2008-12.

    Is that true? Where can i download these info files? As far as i know,
    a little google search or official doc sites usually don't have a
    download for info format.

    I'm interested in getting current version doc for perl, python, php,
    and ruby.

On Ubuntu GNU/Linux:

sudo aptitude update
sudo aptitude install perl-doc php-doc python2.5-doc rdoc

Certainly perldoc is available at CTAN, the latest sources for python
info docs are in the tarball,

http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.6.2/Python-2.6.2.tgz

and so on.