comint completion at 23.1 / Windows XP

From: David Wolff
Subject: comint completion at 23.1 / Windows XP
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 00:37:30 +0000 (UTC)

Hi all,

I'm using comint completion (a shell window on Windows XP).  <TAB> after
a partial pathname completes, but changes all the existing "\"s in the
path to "/", which Windows doesn't like.

I checked customizations and found "Addsuffix", but it already has "\"
for both the directory suffix and the file suffix.

Any suggestions (other than "switch to Linux" :-) )?

Thanks --

David

(boring homepage: www.panix.com/~dwolff)

Disclaimer:  Hey! It's my opinion!
Yesclaimer:  Esperanto: four times easier to learn.  Call (800) ESPERANTO
             or visit www.esperanto-usa.org for free info and free lesson.
Witclaimer:  Clever but long saying reduced to a microdot -> "."